Bourton Roadrunners’ Juniors
Competition & Races
We encourage our Juniors to run in local races, the annual Gloucestershire AAA's Cross Country League and the Gloucestershire AAA's County Championships.
Gloucestershire Cross Country League
Four Races in total. To score you must complete at least three races.
- There are separate races for Boys & Girls.
- Approximate distances are: Under 11 – 1.5km. Under 13 – 3km. Under 15 & Under 17 – 4.5km.
- The races usually take place on the 1st or 2nd Saturday in October, November, December and February.
- Country Medals are presented to 1st, 2nd & 3rd placed Individual and Team. A team consists of the three highest placed runners for the club in any of the four races.
Gloucestershire Cross Country Championships
- There are separate races for Boys & Girls.
- Age groups and approximate distances are: Under 11 – approximately 1.5km. Under 13 – approximately 3km. U15 / U17 – approximately 4.5km.
- The race usually take place on the 1st or 2nd Saturday in January.
- Country Medals are presented to 1st, 2nd & 3rd placed Individual and Team. A team consists of the three highest placed runners for the club.
A Club Vest must be worn during competition. Club Vests may be borrowed on the day but must be handed back at the finish or may be purchased from the club to keep.
We highly advise the use of Cross Country Spikes for Cross Country.
Junior Club Winter Cross Country Competition.
To take part in this competition:
- You must complete at least three out of the four races in the Gloucestershire Cross Country League to qualify.
- Your lowest three finishing positions are calculated together to give your final score.
- Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals are presented to the top three runners in each age group with the lowest scores.
- Medals are awarded to all other qualifying finishers for their commitment and dedication.
- You must compete for BRR Juniors and in Club Colours.
- An under 9 age group is included in this Competition. There is not an U9 age group in the Gloucestershire Cross Country League or County Championships.
The Overall Champion Boy and Girl Trophies, kindly donated by Shona Crombie-Hicks will be awarded to the girl and boy with the lowest number of points over all four races, no matter what position they came in the Competition. overall.
BRR Juniors 3, 5 & 7 Year Cross Country Award.
This award is presented to any member who has qualified in either three, five or seven consecutive Junior Club Winter Cross Country Competition's. Should an Athlete not qualify one year, then they have to start again.
Athlete of the Year Award, Athlete of the Year Runner Up Award and the Jack Oaky Trophy.
Points are given for Attendance, Improvement and Commitment over the year.
Attendance - Points are given when you attend a Tuesday night training session.
Improvement - Our training sessions are split into four periods throughout the year. We compare an average of each members, three best times (Min/Mile Pace), over the Long Time Trial, for the current period. We then compare their time against the same period the year before. Points are given to members who have improved their time. When a member moves up and age group, we compare their Short Time Trial time against their Long Time Trial time, set the year before. Bonus points can be earned for Personal bests. You must acheive at least 60% attendance over the period and achieve the required number of qualifying times to win points.
Commitment - When you compete for the Club in Races, not only does this help you to improve but also shows commitment to the club. We therefore use the Race Champ Competition where you gain points for each race based on importance.
A higher percentage of points are given to the winter periods, as this is when our most important races take place for the club and local schools.
Depending on the total number of umembers in the club, in that year, approximately the top quarter members, with the highest number of points win the Award's.
The Girl and the Boy with the highest number of points, each win the Athlete of the Year Award.
All others win the Athlete of the Year Runner Up Award.
The Jack Oaky Trophy is presented to the member, girl or boy, with the highest number of points, who has not previously won the Trophy before. They keep the Trophy for a year.
Juniors who have been a member's for at least two years, have a greater chance of winning these trophies.
BRR Junior Race Champ Award
The Race Champ Award is awarded to any Athlete or Athletes that have accumulated the most points in any one year (Races from January to December), from nominated Races.
A nominated Race must be:
- Open to all ages.
- Local (Within 40miles approx).
- All races must be advertised for at least four weeks prior to race.
- You must run as a BRR and in club colours.
All Gloucestershire Cross Country League Championships Races, The Bourton One Mile Challenge and any race hosted by BRR will be included. Currently we also l support the Sherborne Fun Run and Cross Country Races hosted by Severn AC. Points are given to each race depending on importance and range from one to three points.
We do like to encourage Athlete's of all abilities at the club. Almost all of the Awards above can be won by any member who, turns up regularly for training, improves on their times and supports the club in races.
Sponsors of Bourton Roadrunners Juniors
Forthcoming Races & Fun Runs
(Race Champ Comp- 2 points - Fun Run or Trail Run)
GLOUCESTERSHIRE CROSS COUNTRY LEAGUE
Provisional dates & Venues.
Click Here to view Website for up to date information on times etc
Gloucester - Saturday 14th October 2017.
Charlton Park - Saturday 4th October 2017.
TBC - 9th or 10th December 2017.
Cheltenham - Satuday 17th February 2018.
Click Here for Discounted Pre Entry Form.
You can enter on the day but pre-entering all four races saves on cost and time on the day.
(Race Champ - All races 4 points)
GLOUCESTERSHIRE CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS
Old Down Country Park - Saturday 6th January 2018.
(Race Champ - 6 points).
Club Competitions & Tables
RACE CHAMP TABLE
WINTER XC CLUB COMPETITION
3, 5 & 7 YEAR WINTER XC AWARDS